The COVID-19 situation in Ontario is constantly evolving and YRS is striving to take the pandemic seriously and has put the health and safety of its members first! The ensure this, the following policy points are effective for all YRS Trips and Events:
- YRS and its members shall follow all Federal, Provincial and local laws, procedures and guidelines related to group sizes, allowable gatherings, masks, social distancing and any other laws and policies in place.
- YRS Executives reserve the right to deny participation in any trip or event to anyone not following Federal, Provincial or local guidelines. YRS Executives are not liable for any costs associated with the denial of participation.
- Participants exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19, who have come into contact with anyone testing positive for COVID-19 within 14 days previous to an event, or who have travelled outside of Canada for non-essential purposes within 14 days previous to an event shall be excluded. YRS Executives reserve the right to conduct screening in accordance with Federal, Provincial and local regulations.
- Participants are required to be fully vaccinated (or partially vaccinated depending on availability and scheduling of vaccines) against COVID-19 with a Federally recognized vaccine, or be medically unable to receive it. Those that are medically able to receive a vaccine but are unvaccinated will not be allowed to participate. YRS Executives reserve the right to require voluntary presentation of vaccine proof or medical ineligibility proof. While YRS respects the privacy of all members, failure to provide proof of vaccination or ineligibility will result in a denial of participation. YRS Executives are not liable for any costs associated with the denial of participation.
- The final decision to proceed with a day trip shall be made no less than 12 hours before the start of the event. Likewise, an overnight trip shall be decided on no less than 14 days in advance. Cancellations will be announced via the YRS Facebook group and individual emails to members who have signed up to attend. Decisions will be based on the current and forecasted COVID-19 restrictions and overall situation. Sudden changes in the situation may require a cancellation closer to the event. In either case YRS shall not be liable for any incurred costs.
- The COVID situation is rapidly evolving and while YRS will follow all established guidelines, we can in no way guarantee a participants safety. All people participating in any event or trip do so at their own risk and shall not hold YRS liable for any medical or financial issues, COVID-related or otherwise.
Above all, dive safe, stay healthy and have fun!